A Collective Noun for Academics?

We talk so much about “the professoriate,” as a term that describes the academicians at an institution. But what is a good collective noun for academics? Faculty may be the official noun, but there must be something wittier. May I suggest the following:

  • An argument of academics
  • A debate of academics
  • A befuddlement of academics
  • A problematization of academics

Other suggestions welcome.

About j.d.grunert

Historian, Science and Technology Studier, Librarian, Academish
This entry was posted in PFP14S. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply